Medically Fragile Students
The Missouri Legislature in the budget process appropriated funds to offer free MoVIP courses to students who have been designated as medically fragile and cannot attend school due to this condition.
To be considered, a MoVIP Medically Fragile Application must be completed and mailed, or scanned and emailed, to:
Counselor, MoVIP Medically Fragile Students
P.O. Box 1185
Fremont, MO 63941
Phone: (573) 251-3020
Applications must be signed by both the parent and physician to be valid.
You may send in your application at any time. Janet Hoskins will screen applications and contact parents/guardians soon after applications are received.
1. The medically fragile seats in MoVIP are not for temporary medical conditions (six weeks or less).
2. Students who apply and are accepted into the medically fragile program are expected to participate for an entire semester.
3. Students must participate in the required Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) tests and/or End-of-Course (EOC) exams as applicable. Transportation must be provided by the parent/guardian to a location specified by MoVIP. Failure to participate may disqualify the student for future MoVIP enrollments.
4. If sufficient funds are not available to meet demand, priority will be given to medically fragile students who absolutely cannot attend school for medical reasons.
5. Interested students who do not qualify as medically fragile may attend MoVIP by paying tuition.