Medically Fragile Students
The Missouri Legislature in the budget process appropriated funds to offer free MoVIP classes to students who have been designated as medically fragile and cannot attend school due to this condition.
To be considered, a Medically Fragile Application must be completed and faxed to the MoVIP office at 573-522-1134.
All funds for state-funded tuition for the 2012-2013 school year have been exhausted with the exception of the following high school courses and vendors:
Course Name Vendor
Personal Finance & Wealth Management Missouri Council on Economic Education (MCEE)
American Government eCampus/North Kansas City Schools (NKC)
Creative Writing eCampus/North Kansas City Schools (NKC)
Discover the Arts eCampus/North Kansas City Schools (NKC)
Mythology eCampus/North Kansas City Schools (NKC)
Please see the Course Information tab of our webiste for more details on these courses.
Basic information about Medically Fragile Students:
- The medically fragile seats in MoVIP are not for temporary medical conditions (six weeks or less)
- Students who apply and are accepted into the medically fragile program are expected to participate for an entire semester.
- If sufficient funds are not available to meet demand, priority will be given to medically fragile students who absolutely cannot attend school for medical reasons.
- Interested students who do not qualify as medically fragile, may attend MoVIP by paying tuition.
- We recommend up to four classes per semester under this program. This allows us to serve as many Medically Fragile Students as possible.